We are looking for songs to be used as the theme music for the "Donder! WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2021"
All genres are acceptable, vocal songs (including voice synthesis software) and instrumental songs.
Please check all the details below before applying.
February 20th, 2021 (Sat) 17:00 to March 31st, (Wed) 18:00 JST
The judges from the Taiko no Tatsujin development team are:
- [Sound Director]
- [Development Producer / Director]
As well as the development team members.
- ▼Masubuchi (Sound Director)
Hi everyone! It's championship time!
So, the world championship is finally here.
This time, in addition to "songs to enjoy playing", "songs for competing" will be added. "Competition” does not mean interfering with other opponents, it means fighting against yourself. As a result, various factors such as "accuracy", "physical strength", "concentration", and "the ability to cope with pressure" will all be intertwined.
We are looking for songs that will provoke the thoughts and feelings like:
-"Since accuracy is important, the player who can maintain concentration until the end wins."
-"At first, the person with physical strength is advantageous, but in the end, the person with high accuracy will win"
-"I want to be fired up by watching this kind of game."
- ▼steμ (Sound Director)
First of all, I would like to thank all the creators who applied for the open call for music last year, and all the viewers and players who watched over us.
Thank you for all the excitement!
And then a year later, thankfully, we are able to hold an open call for songs again.
It may have been a long year for us all.
The creators who participated last time; as well as the creators who were not able to apply last time; the students who experienced big changes in their situations and environment last year; adult players who enjoyed the game even with their busy schedules; those who are trying to turn from the players to the creators side - all of you, once again, the day has come to share and have fun!
I'm looking forward to the future and all the wonderful music submissions!
- ▼Eto (Development Producer / Director)
The time has come ...! It's been 5 years since the last World Championship was held. Thank you for your patience. I may be the most excited one here, to hold the championship after such a long time.
The theme of this open call for music is "Taiko no Tatsujin’ World Championship Song".
The theme song of the tournament is the song that players will enjoy while challenging and competing for points.
During the championship, the players will experience the theme song repeatedly and may feel distressed and frustrated as well as joyful at times.
At the final battle, we will continue to compete and we will not be overwhelmed by all the emotions such as the desire to play quickly, the anxiety of doing our best, as well as the presence of other players.
These emotions will arise not only in “Taiko no Tatsujin” but also from the championship.
Create your "best emotion-provoking song" that the players deserve when participating in this diversely emotional championship!
Together, let's create the best championship that will be remembered!!!
To apply, register as a creator with "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD.".
* If you have already registered as a creator, no need to re-register.
- ①First, " Register as a creator of "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD."."
* It may take more than a week to complete the registration, so please register as soon as possible.
- ②Submit the music using the "Enter" button at the bottom of this page.
Notice when applying
- Please check all the terms and conditions of creator registration and the contents of this page, and apply only if you agree.
- Please check the contents of the music production guide carefully before applying. ★Click here for the Song creation guide
- In addition to the sound source mp3 (192kbps recommended), artist name, artist image (use an image that does not infringe on copyrights), comments can also be uploaded.
- The submitted sound source mp3, artist name, and artist image thumbnail will be published on the viewing page for a certain period of time (comments will not be published).
- It may take some time from submission to page release.
- Once submitted, we may not be able to respond to requests such as withdrawal or change of the sound source from the viewing page.
- In order to carry out the selection accurately, we may ask you to correct the sound source troubles and balance adjustments even before the adoption is confirmed.
Results will be posted on this page around May 2021.
It will be recorded as the theme music for performance games in "Taiko no Tatsujin”. It may also be recorded by Taiko no Tatsujin for other purposes. If your submission is chosen, we will pay the prescribed amount of money for the transfer of rights. In addition, the judges may evaluate excellent submissions as "honorable works" even if it is not chosen.
- Production progress and direction will be conducted by Taiko no Tatsujin development team and MAKES (by "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD." )
- After adoption, we will request the final delivery data after receiving support such as brushing up and correction if necessary.
- Mixdown will be arranged separately after receiving the final delivery data.
[Final delivery data] 48khz 24bit wav
・2Mix / Instrument 2Mix
・Multitrack * Pro Tools session available
・Midi data (all sounds typed in)
・Chord notation / master rhythm, etc.
We may request various files.
After the final delivery, we will check the following credits etc.
- Song title (In some cases, we may consult with you about changes).
- Credits (composition, arrangement, lyrics, demonstrations (vocals, guitar, etc.), collaborators, etc.).
* Please include kana reading and foreign notation.
Reward / rights
For songs that are chosen and adopted, the copyright and master copy rights of the songs will be fully purchased at the amount set at that time, and the songs and master copyrights will be transferred to NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD.. The adopted songs may be used in the Taiko no Tatsujin series, soundtracks, and other games. Remuneration might be paid in installments.
- Please apply with original music that does not infringe on the rights of third parties.
- If you use voice synthesis softwares or cooperate on production with others, you may be asked to submit confirmations that the rights holders and cooperators of the software permit and agree to the application rules. Covering, sampling, quoting, etc. of other songs is prohibited
- Those who have an exclusive contract with a specific company and those who are trust members of copyright management organizations cannot apply.
- You can apply from stock, but only unpublished ones.
- After the submission, the submitted music cannot be published or used (paid or free) until the results are announced.
- It might take some time after your submission to page release.
- We cannot respond to any inquiries regarding the selection process.
Precautions after acceptance
- The final adjustment and mixing of the adopted songs may be done by the Taiko no Tatsujin development team. During that time, the performance and singing may be replaced if necessary. In addition, please note that there may be modifications and arrangements.
- Depending on the voice synthesis software used, we may ask for another voice synthesis software.
- We will consult with you regarding the final delivery schedule depending on the progress.
- If we cannot reach an agreement regarding the work content such as rework, the adoption might be canceled.