It has become an annual event! We are looking for songs to be used as Taiko no Tatsujin performance songs!
All genres are OK! Vocal songs (including voice synthesis software) and instrumental songs are all welcome.
From this time, in addition to the regular recruitment, we would like to introduce "a first recruitment round". The first recruitment round will actively choose among those whose applications have not been adopted before, and we plan to choose at least one song in this round.
We are looking forward to many applications, including those who are new to the event, so please check all the details below before applying.
May 11th (Wednesday) 17:00 to June 13th (Monday) 18:00, 2022
Besides Taiko no Tatsujin Development Team, the following members will be judges:
- [Development Producer / Director]
- [Planner / Level Designer]
- Sue P
- [Sound Director]
As well as the development team members.
- ▼ Eto (Development Producer / Director)
This year marks the third year of the public recruitment of Taiko no Tatsujin songs, which was renewed in 2020.
This is all thanks to your applications and support.
Taiko no Tatsujin means " Enjoy playing with beats and Taiko drums."
I'm looking forward to different songs that match this theme.
With the newly established "first recruitment round", Taiko no Tatsujin is cheering for those are trying to shine on the musical path!
Grasp this oportunity and take on the challenge.
We are looking forward to your application!
- ▼ Sue P (Planner / Level Designer)
I'm Sue P, in charge of notes designer!
So far, I have participated in the judging process and prepared commendation comments, but this time, thanks to the recommendations from Mr. Eto, Mr. Masubuchi, and Mr. steμ, I will officially participate as a judge.
Since I also have some experience in music production, I can understand the difficulties and hardship of creating a song.
While sympathizing with music producers from the bottom of my heart, when it comes to judging, as a member of the notes designer, I plan to keep a close eye on the criteria of "What song can make an interesting score ...".
- ▼ Masubuchi (Sound Director)
The second time and now the third time!!!
Thanks to all of you, we are holding a public recruitment of music for the third consecutive year. This year is the year of the tiger. Everyone who has been waiting eagerly to "grip", the time has come. Let's dash for it!
- ▼ steμ (Sound Director)
Since we plan to put great effort in making the songs, I hope that they will be popular as hit songs for a long time!
What kind of music can achieve that?
I think to become popular, the songs have to have the charm and kindness, or the forcibleness and strength, that make even people who are new to game music go crazy about it.
Please try making a song that is welcomed and enjoyed by everyone, not just by those who have knowledge and insight.
N addition to what you want to do, put what you want everyone to do and the appeal of the music you want to spread into the song, and do your best!
I'm looking forward to a song that will invite people from all over the world to become Taiko no Tatsujin player!
To apply, register as a creator with "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD.".
* If you have already registered as a creator, no need to re-register.
- ①First, " Register as a creator of "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD."."
* It may take more than a week to complete the registration, so please register as soon as possible.
- ②Submit the music using the "Enter" button at the bottom of this page.
Notice when applying
- Please check all the terms of creator registration and the contents of this page, and apply only if you agree.
- Please check the contents of the music production guide carefully before applying. ★Click here for the music production guide.
- In addition to the sound source mp3 (192kbps recommended), artist name, artist image (please use an image that does not infringe the rights of others), comments can also be uploaded for application.
- The submitted sound source mp3, artist name, and artist image thumbnail will be published on the viewing page for a certain period of time (comments will not be published).
- It may take some time from the song submission to the page release.
- Once submitted, the sound source may not be able to respond to requests such as withdrawal or change from the viewing page.
- In order to carry out the examination accurately, we may ask you to correct the sound source trouble or adjust the balance even before the adoption is confirmed.
Results will be posted on this page around July 2022.
About recruitment quota
- Regular recruitment round
- Taiko no Tatsujin first recruitment round * Newly established from this time
* The first recruitment round applies only to those whose applications have not been adopted as music for performance games by Taiko no Tatsujin.
When a song is produced by multiple people, if all of them do not meet the conditions of "first recruitment round", it will not be considered in the "first recruitment round".
* Even if the songs are not adopted, the judges may honor excellent songs as "honorable works".
The song will be recorded as a music for performance games in "Taiko no Tatsujin" for amusement facilities. It also may be recorded by other Taiko no Tatsujin games. If your submission is adopted, we will pay the prescribed amount of money for transfer of rights.
It will be recorded as the theme music for performance games in "Taiko no Tatsujin”. It may also be recorded by Taiko no Tatsujin for other purposes. If your submission is chosen, we will pay the prescribed amount of money for the transfer of rights. In addition, the judges may evaluate excellent submissions as "honorable works" even if it is not chosen.
- Production progress and direction will be conducted by Taiko no Tatsujin development team and MAKES (by "NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD." )
- After adoption, we will request the final delivery data after receiving support such as brushing up and correction if necessary.
- Mixdown will be arranged separately after receiving the final delivery data.
[Final delivery data] 48khz 24bit wav
・2Mix / Instrument 2Mix
・Multitrack * Pro Tools session available
・Midi data (all sounds typed in)
・Chord notation / master rhythm, etc.
We may request various files.
After the final delivery, we will check the following credits etc.
- Song title (In some cases, we may consult with you about changes).
- Credits (composition, arrangement, lyrics, demonstrations (vocals, guitar, etc.), collaborators, etc.).
* Please include kana reading and foreign notation.
Reward / rights
For songs that are chosen and adopted, the copyright and master copy rights of the songs will be fully purchased at the amount set at that time, and the songs and master copyrights will be transferred to NIPPON COLUMBIA CO., LTD.. The adopted songs may be used in the Taiko no Tatsujin series, soundtracks, and other games. Remuneration might be paid in installments.
- Please apply with original music that does not infringe on the rights of third parties.
- If you use voice synthesis softwares or cooperate on production with others, you may be asked to submit confirmations that the rights holders and cooperators of the software permit and agree to the application rules. Covering, sampling, quoting, etc. of other songs is prohibited
- Those who have an exclusive contract with a specific company and those who are trust members of copyright management organizations cannot apply.
- You can apply from stock, but only unpublished ones.
- After the submission, the submitted music cannot be published or used (paid or free) until the results are announced.
- It might take some time after your submission to page release.
- We cannot respond to any inquiries regarding the selection process.
Precautions after acceptance
- The final adjustment and mixing of the adopted songs may be done by the Taiko no Tatsujin development team. During that time, the performance and singing may be replaced if necessary. In addition, please note that there may be modifications and arrangements.
- Depending on the voice synthesis software used, we may ask for another voice synthesis software.
- We will consult with you regarding the final delivery schedule depending on the progress.
- If we cannot reach an agreement regarding the work content such as rework, the adoption might be canceled.